Sunday, February 7, 2010

Motive

This few days when i did my daily devotion...
a lot of Words of giving( including care for others), blessing came up to me...
One thing that strike me the most is the motive of you doing everything... such as giving....

When you donate your money what is your motive behind it?
When you do this kind of action, what is is your motive?
When u dress up nicely today, what is your motive?
Why you want to get high marks in your exam?
Why you want to buy this branded stuff?
Why? Why?Why?
Have u ever think of that?

Some ppl donate money to the poor is because they wan the whole society know that they are good people, they want the popularity, respect...
Some ppl wan to dress up nicely because they want to get praises from people, they want to be the center of attention of ppl...

When i think about motive behind my every thoughts, action....
I was surprise that mostly my thoughts and action is to please myself and people around me...n there is only some portion of pleasing God...
It's really a big red sign for me....
I have to examine my motive in everything i do, i think of...
I have to put right of my motive....
Not pleasing myself, anybody in this world, but God....
He the Creator of the world, see the heart of man not their appearance...

When you give to the poor, think of your motive first, it's i wan to appear to be good people or i do it for GOD?

What you treasure the most, is where your heart is
As what you think in your heart, so you are.




     Once grace each child of God can show is giving from a willing heart;
                               Yet if we wait till riches grow,
                        It well may be we will never start.-D.De Haan



God look at the heart, not the hand;
the giver, not the gift. 


No comments:

Post a Comment