Saturday, January 9, 2010

Finally I'm here

I found my dad's other side...
He is a soft person i think....
He is not good at expressing himself....we didn't have heart to heart talk...even i m going to US....

On the day i fly from Penang, only i know how much my dad care and love me....
He didn't talk, but when the time i wanted to get into the gate, he tears...
That's the time i can feel the love...
I don't know how he felt, "bu se de" or happy that i m going to pursue my dream....
But, i don't know, i was touched by that....
From that, i told myself, i really have to do my best to honor my parents...
That's the way that i can do for them for now....

Finally, i reached the land of liberty and justice....
It took me hours to get to the city....sit in the limited place for 10 hours + in a short, then waited flight for 3-4 hours, stay in the airport for one night, awake for whole night, then waited again...then sit in the limited place...
repeat and repeat again....i really don't like it...
Thank God that i m going to St.Louis, not other state like Madison, Wichita...if not, i have to take more flight.
Right now, i have the phobia of taking flight....and i'm glad that i survived....


Airline that i took from Penang to Taipei, then transit in Taipei to LAX


that's one part of Los Angeles airport( LAX)
i stayed one night over here...
one thing make my eyes open was the boarding pass was done by electronic devices...

After taking so long of flight, finally i reached St.Louis...
St.Louis is snowing when i reached...
it's my first time to see snow...
All around is cover by snow.....that's what we can see in the TV...
It's cool!
I don't know how to explain, but it's really cool...


 
 
 
 
 

well, i 'm really thankful that I come to Carbondale, coz i have senior over here, he will take care of me...
And i'm staying with the Malaysian family for temporary, which everyone is very nice to me...
They are really helpful....they even treat me a dinner....


that's the first chinese meal i had...
it taste ok, not that bad....
but, M'sia chinese food is the best!

Come to an advance country...a country that's different from my country...
everything is new to me....
It opens my eyes a lot...there's a lot for me to learn....a lot to discover
I can compare what is the differences between M'sia and US...
It's really a good journey...
A new life for me....

Hope can adapt to the cold weather quickly~

p/s: they pay 20 US dollar for the tips in restaurant, and almost everyone do that, the money that they pay for tips is really high~ that's  really really a lot...

4 comments:

  1. welcome to america.. haha. btw, they don't carry alot of money in their wallets too. most of them have less than 50 bucks in their wallets one. usually they use cards. tips is compulsory 15% lol. if i'm not mistaken. btw, MAKE SURE YOU VISIT YOSEMITE!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad that u hv a nice life there!
    take care ya. wear more clothes.
    keep me updated k.
    love u and miss u!

    ReplyDelete
  3. jun: what is YOSEMITE? hha...
    Weilian : yea..i will. can u please give me our yahoo mail? i lost it. hehe...paiseh. Or mayb u can write me mail using yahoo acct. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  4. it's a national park. go google it. it's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete